My wife thinks that deep down inside I love the Bachelor. My wife is wrong. Dead wrong. But how can you not stare with it playing on your living room TV? It's like the huge car wreck on the side of the road. I've heard that in marriage, men inevitably become more feminine, and women... don't change one bit! Is that true? The other day, I was on vacation with family. My dad, brother and I were in the car. I said something like, "man, my face is so dry. I totally forgot to put on my face lotion this morning." Awkward silence.
Ah the things you do for love. I'm not feeling self-confident enough to start listing all the things I do now that are unacceptable to admit in guy circles. I can say though, that I drew the line a couple months ago. Lili told me I should go with her to her step class. "No!" I said. "Why can't you just let me be a man?"
I hate the Bachelor. But I can't change the channel.
And just so you know, in light of the last post, I also refuse to wear a bra--despite the growing need.
Monday, February 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is quickly becoming my favorite blog. I con't wait to read it.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Sandy, whoever she is?
ReplyDeleteI'll have to ask Nathan what he thinks...but, I would agree with you. Men turn more Feminine than Women turn Masculine.
Though I do know women that get more into sports once they are dating and married because their spouse loves sports so much.
Is it feminine to put lotion on dry skin? I know that's just one example but I'd say it is not a given men will become more feminine after marriage. My husband has not. I'm not saying that in a disappointed or negative tone - he is as he was 25 years ago as far as the level of femininess in him goes.
ReplyDeleteA question for clarification - is it the putting the lotion on that is feminine or is it the talking about needing to moisturize feminine?
ReplyDeleteMatt has the dryest (is that a word?) hands ever. I have do a sneak attack in order to get lotion on his hands. They are often cracked and bleeding and he won't put on lotion. I put a glob on my hand and then sit next to him, on the couch, on the bed, in the car, church, where ever, and then I put the lotion on his hands. He has no choice but to rub it in.
ReplyDeleteI don't think moisturizing is girly.
I totally think you should try the step class. I work at the rec center and I know many a man who has gone to step class and liked it. It's very manly because it's HARD!
And it wouldn't be a bra for you, it would be a bro. And surely you don't need one.
Love the blog!
ReplyDeleteAnd I just have to brag for a moment...I taught my husband baseball. The love of the game surely makes up for all the feminine things I've made him do!